10 Stems of Premium African Lady Lilies | Grown in California
Intense Color and Amazing Size
African Lady is a superstar Oriental Trumpet Lily. ("OT" Lilies have been hybridized to deliver the passion of the Oriental Lily in a new color palette.) African Lady has a powerful presence because of her luminous, deep red petals with yellow edges and astounding size. These amazing blooms have high bud counts, long stems, sweet fragrance, and outstanding vase life. Whether you leave these lilies tall, letting them display their grandeur, or shorten the stems, these 10 stems will put on a great show. African Lady has so many blooms per stem, you may enjoy creating more than one arrangement from this bunch. Beargrass is added for depth and texture.
Our African Lady lilies are grown in our glass greenhouse. Our California farm is blessed with consistent light levels and a cool coastal climate...our chilly nights lead directly to bold and intense color saturation in the petals.
*Please Note: This is a Limited Availability variety. While we do our best to ensure that flowers are available every day of the season, sometimes mother nature throws us a curve ball and a specific variety may be unavailable or not up to our quality standards. In these instances, we will substitute your order for a similar variety or upgrade to something we know you'll love!
Extend the vase life of your blooms with these flower care tips!
- While tulips are still wrapped in paper collar trim the ends at a 45-degree angle.
- Stand wrapped tulips into a clean vase with fresh water. If flower food is available, add it now.
- Once tulips are fully re-hydrated (4-6 hours) remove the collar. Note: If your tulips re-hydrate in a limp position they will remain in that position even when re-hydrated.
- Enjoy your tulips! For the longest vase life, keep your tulips in a cool location out of direct sunlight, change the water regularly, and remove foliage that is below the waterline to prevent bacteria from growing.
Caring for your Lilies, Iris, Freesia, & Other Blooms
- Remove flowers from paper sleeve. Trim 1" off stems at a 45-degree angle and place flowers into a clean vase with fresh water. If flower food is available, add it now.
- To prevent bacteria from growing, check for and remove any foliage that falls below the waterline.
- Enjoy your blooms! For the longest vase life, keep your flowers in a cool location out of direct sunlight, change the water regularly, and regularly remove blooms past their prime.